A 17-year-old volleyball player said she had to undergo triple bypass surgery after going into cardiac arrest during a game.
The footage shows the teenager serving the ball, grabbing her chest and collapsing on the court.
Immediately, staff and coaches at the school rushed to her aid and used a defibrillator to get a heartbeat. In the video, her legs are seen jolting when the shock is applied.
“Without the AED (automated external defibrillator) there’s no way I would’ve made it and the ambulance wouldn’t have gotten here on time,” she said.
Children's healthcare of Atlanta released the video in a bid to show how vital it is to have an AED at schools and have staff who are trained to use it!!